What is an HVAC Maintenance Plan?
An HVAC maintenance plan in McKinney, TX, is a year-long plan to maintain, clean and examine your cooling and heating systems. The maintenance plan includes one heating and cooling service annually to ensure your system is functioning optimally. During the annual checkup, the technicians will examine and clean every component of your system and conduct security tests.
HVAC Maintenance Checklist
To prevent frequent air conditioning repair in McKinney, every heating and cooling company has its maintenance plan requirements. When you browse and look over the specifics of various maintenance plans, ensure that they include the following criteria:
- Regular tune-ups: Annual HVAC system tune-ups are one of the most beneficial maintenance methods available for your heating system to prevent furnace replacement in McKinney, TX.
- Frequent inspections: When you sign up for an HVAC maintenance plan in McKinney, TX, inspections should be a part of the plan. This inspection must be conducted by a trained professional.
- Filter changing: Filters are one of the vital elements of your HVAC. In your maintenance plan, you should have your filters cleaned at least once per quarter.
- Thermostat checks and repairs: Your HVAC will need frequent furnace repair in McKinney, TX when your thermostat isn’t functioning. So your maintenance plan must include thermostat repairs and inspections every so often.
- Duct cleaning: Cleaning ducts in your regular HVAC maintenance in McKinney, TX, will enable you to maintain the efficiency of your HVAC as it ensures that you’re breathing in the fresh air. A portion of this cleaning may involve spraying mold to stop it from happening in the future.
- Insulation work: During the routine maintenance plan, HVAC pros will examine the insulation and make adjustments if necessary.
- Lubrication and refrigeration checks: Every HVAC system requires its components to be lubricated from time to time to postpone furnace replacement in McKinney, TX, and ensure optimal performance.
- Carbon monoxide and air quality inspections: The experts must examine your monitors to ensure you’re protected. In addition, the plan should also include air quality inspections.
Advantages to HVAC Maintenance
- Overall HVAC system safety: In terms of HVAC, yearly maintenance is essential to ensure the safety of your system and to postpone furnace replacement as long as possible. Each year, more than 50k individuals in the U.S. are admitted to hospitals due to CO poisoning. If you have an HVAC technician in McKinney, TX examine your system at the start of the winter season, you’ll enjoy more peace of mind knowing that your system is safe to use.
- Prevents system breakdowns: HVAC maintenance also allows you to determine and plan for repair requirements early. Technicians are trained to recognize early indicators of needing service before they become large-scale repairs or system replacements.
- Increases system longevity: HVAC systems that are maintained annually last longer than their non-maintained counterparts.
- Increases energy efficiency: A regular HVAC tune-up will improve your HVAC efficiency. As your heating and cooling equipment won’t need to work harder to meet your comfort needs, you’ll experience improved efficiency while saving energy.
- Maintains manufacturer warranty: Most HVAC systems manufacturers require owners to follow an annual maintenance plan to prevent air conditioning repair in McKinney and to qualify for warranty protection. While it’s generally accepted that HVAC systems must be maintained annually, certain manufacturers may need more frequent maintenance.
Smart homeowners plan HVAC checks in the fall, before it’s time to turn on the furnace to warm your house, as well as in the spring, to prevent the need for emergency air conditioning repair in McKinney, before switching off your AC to cool it. If you don’t have your HVAC checked every year, you could risk damaging the system and the safety and health of your family members.